Pros and Cons of Selling by Owner in Edmond
If you are about to embark on the process of selling your home by owner, buckle up because it may be a long ride. Even though it is the most ideal way of selling, Clever says that only 7% of people who sell by owner will have a successful sale. The rest of the 93% usually can’t make it work or just don’t have the time to wait for it to sell.
It is possible, however, to sell your home by owner, so if you really want to consider this let's talk about the pros and cons of selling your home by owner.
- No real estate agent fees
- Everything is done on your time
- You can make the repairs or renovations that you want to make.
- You set the price of the home
- Showings are on your time
- You accept the offers
These are all really good reasons to want to sell your home on our own. If you sell your house by owner, you will save a lot of money on expensive repairs and realtor commissions. You will also be able to sell on your own time. You won’t have to keep your house clean all the time for random home showings, you’ll be able to work around your schedule. You’ll be able to accept the offer that you are comfortable with, and not have a stranger doing this for you.
- Fewer marketing and listing resources
- Takes months to years to sell
- Buyers won’t be aware of your listing
- You may get lowball offers
- Lack of Experience
- Waste time of unqualified buyers
- May have to make renovations
- May have to repair the home
If you are hoping to sell your home quickly, then this is not the approach for you. Because of the lack of experience you have, and the lack of listing sites and marketing resources, you won’t be able to show your home to as many interested parties as easily. This is why it can take months or years to find the right buyer. If you do find the right buyer they may expect you to make repairs or renovations to the home before you sell it. You may also think you have found the right buyer only to discover after the long closing process that they don’t qualify, or they decide to back out.
Unfortunately, you have to be careful when selling our home by owner. Even though something may seem ideal it may just not be realistic. So what should you do if you have decided that this may not be your best option, but you really can’t afford to hire an agent? The answer is pretty simple. Sell your home to a cash buyer!
Selling to a Cash Buyer
There are so many benefits to selling your home to a cash buyer. Here are just a few.
- Get paid with cash
- Receive a guaranteed offer, there’s no backing out
- No repairs
- No renovations
- Sell as is
- Sell your home in seven days
- No realtor fees
A cash buyer will purchase your home with cash in as quick as seven days. Since they have the cash in hand waiting to purchase any home they can make a “no backing out” guaranteed offer. They don’t have to qualify for a loan so the sell will never fall through.
A cash buyer will also purchase your home as is so you don’t have to spend any time or money fixing up a house you don’t want to live in any longer. A cash buyer buys homes as is so all you need to do is pack up your belongings and move out!
If you are looking for a fast sale, and you don’t want to pay high realtor fees, but you also don’t have the time to sell your home on your own, then contact us today! Here at House Kings, we are your leading cash buyers in Edmond. We have a lot of experience with buying homes as is and fast. Contact us today at 405-233-8831 and we will get you money for your house in no time! We look forward to hearing from you.